Terms & Conditions + Privacy Data
We like to treat our customers the way we'd like to be treated.
1. Who we are and what we do
4160Tuesdays Ltd is a craft perfumery, owned and run by perfumer Sarah McCartney and director Nick Randell.
Our address is Unit 8 Issigonis House, Cowley Road, London W3 7UN, UK.
4160Tuesdays is a UK registered trademark.
We make our perfumes by hand, according to UK and EU regulations, complying with the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) regulations, in London W3.
If we have made a mistake with your order or the product is faulty, please let us know on [email protected] or 020 8749 8015 and we will replace it or refund you straight away, not a problem.
2. Returns and Refunds
Perfume is personal. We strongly recommend that you try a sample before you commit to As long as you haven't opened the box and used the perfume, and you are posting within the UK, you can return it to us for a refund. 4160Tuesdays' webshop sells samples so you can try ours before buying a bigger bottle. Our scents are quite individual, and you can't always tell from our descriptions whether you'll like them or not. Please do test them first, either at one of our retailers, or with a sample set.
2.a. Returns from outside the UK.
If you are outside the UK, you will need to be qualified to ship dangerous goods to return it to us. It's a really good idea to buy from one of our retailers in your own country.
Most of our workshops sell out. If you book then find that you can't use the place(s) please let us know.
Up to 30 days before the date you booked we will give you a full refund.
29-14 days before you book, we will transfer you to a different date.
If you cancel less than 14 days before the event, we can't refund or transfer you, but you can send someone else in your place, or you can choose perfume to the value of your voucher.
4. Putting our mistakes right Everyone makes mistakes. If you spot something we've done wrong, we're happy to put it right. Please do let us know.
We aim to fulfil orders within three working days; sometimes there's only one person at the studio, and when we're very busy it will take longer.
Occasionally our UK parcels go missing in the post. We have proof of posting for all of them, so let us know if yours hasn't arrived.
Our mainland Europe and Ireland parcels are delivered by Interlink. We need your phone number and an email in order to be able to to arrange your delivery.
6. Our website is copyright 4160Tuesdays Ltd, 2011-2019.
7. Our retailers
We list our approved retailers on this website. Please do not buy from anyone else as we can't be certain if they are genuine.
8. All the usual UK contracts apply. You pay us; we send you lovely things.
Our packaging (and in the case of samples, the leaflet we send out with them) declares all allergens in the ingredients lists as EU law states. These are usually from the natural materials we use to make our perfumes. Please check the ingredients lists first, particularly if you have any cosmetics allergies.
4160Tuesdays Ltd operates from Unit 8 Issigonis House. Cowley Road, London W3 7UN
1. We've always followed the law, so all the new stuff about compliance hasn't changed anything we do, except that now we've written a bit more about it here.
2. If you sign up to our email newsletter, we keep the information you've given us on the Mailchimp database, and they comply too. We prefer to have your real name, because then we can write, for example, "Hello Fred" instead of "Hello First Name", which is just polite.
3. We never buy lists from other organisations and we never sell, give away or pass on your details. (So all the people who have sneaked a 4160 into their emails to catch us out; nope, it's not happening ;-), and what's more we do this by hand, so we know you're doing it. We don't blame you, but that's not the kind of thing we'd ever do to our customers.)
4. When we send you a parcel using a courier company, we do have to put your name, address, phone and email into their systems so they can find you if something goes wrong. The courier companies don't do anything with this, except to deliver your parcels.
5. We send emails around once a month, and occasionally more if we've something interesting to say. If you're on our email list, it's because we've had an order or an email, or because you've signed up. You can unsubscribe at any time, either by clicking the link at the end of the email, or by getting in touch with us to do it manually.
6. When you order from us, your order history is stored on the create.net database. This is so that we can look you up - for example if you can't remember what you sent your friend last birthday, or if something goes wrong. We can delete those records if you like, but they can come in quite handy sometimes.